When it comes to websites on the Internet, one of the things people notice right away is the design of the website. Because first impressions are so important, you should get your design right on the first attempt, so that people won’t leave your site as soon as they enter it. Use these tips to avoid losing customers.
- Use a tracking service, rather than displaying your visitor counter for all to read. Many websites still display their counters, yet they do not serve any real purpose. There are many high quality tracking services available, and some are even free. Use these instead of showing off how many people visit you.
- Know your subject thoroughly. If you’re planning to use your website for blogging or something similar, make sure to thoroughly research the subject prior to posting. When your visitors see that you can’t be trusted because you’re giving out erroneous info, you will lose them. Understanding your subject is the key to a good blog.
- White can be a smart and effective choice when you’re contemplating which color should be the background for your site. Studies show that a white background with black text is the easiest for people to read, leading your content to appear expert and trustworthy. When there is a more complicated design in the background, it can be very distracting, and make your website look less professional. You will find that simpler backgrounds are better.
- Avoid using animated GIFs on your site. These were popular in the late 1990s, but newer technologies have replaced the uses for animated GIFs that were actually useful. Animated GIFs are low in quality and large in file size. Use static icons for page elements and actual video files for complex animations.
- Put together a nice page about you
Read More →
You wouldn’t appreciate an operating system until it runs. This OS is the software that supports a computer’s basic functions, such as executing applications, etc. There are numerous types of OS (operating system) but it’s individual’s preference, as they say, will dictate what works for you won’t work for others.
Linux, in its original form, is one of the notable and leading operating system on servers and other big iron systems such as mainframe computers and super computers.
The development of Linux is one of the most prominent examples of free and open-source software collaboration. Linux has become an extremely popular alternative to proprietary operating systems. The use of Linux distributions in home and enterprise desktops has been growing.
Linux’s success in the consumer market is perhaps in the mobile device market, with Android being one of the most dominant operating system on smartphones and very popular on tablets.
The Linux kernel handles process control, networking, and peripheral and file system access. Linux gives the Android developers a pre-built, already maintained operating system kernel to start with so they don’t have to write their own kernel.The OS for Linux used in desktops will not work on androids because you have to run applications written specifically for Android.
One of the easiest ways to get Linux on your device without having to remove Android! Just simply install the app on your rooted device and it will guide you through the process. The Complete Linux Installer provides a complete package aimed to get a full Linux distribution up and running on your device.
Sharing files between Linux and Windows
It is helpful if you use Windows in using Linux most especially in sharing files between the two. This process is easy to set up. It is as fast as this, …
Read More →